1.03.2008

High Zeek...

At first glance, this looks kind of like a cupboard or cabinet or something...
but in reality, it is Kyle's new favorite toy!!
..."Mom...mom..MOM...me high zeek!!" It is what he does over and over. hey, there are worse things he could do to passify himself. I was smart enough, the first time he climbed inside, to empty out all the cds and dvds. He even added decorative pillows to the inside. (not shown) Truly a boy after my own heart!! Actually, it reminds me, on a very SMALL scale, of Amy Hulce's secret hiding space under her basement stairs in her childhood home...what an awesome spot. Laurel Helveston, come to mention it, had a similar one in her bedroom growing up, too. it was a doored cubby in her wall, pretty high up, where we hung out and talked, and wrote on the walls. I remember wanting houses just like theirs. Come to think of it, I had one myself, but it wasn't a place more than just myself could hang out in, which would've made it a little creepy, so I wont go there. Those memories are the reason I will continue to keep the clutter out from underneath my tv cabinet for now. Kyle and his little friends won't fit in there too long, but I want him to be able to make his own favorable memories, and as many of them as possible!

3 comments:

Janine said...

This reminds me of Randy in "A Christmas Story" after Ralphie gets in the fight....his mom finds him in the cupboard under the sink and he says, "Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie..."
Jacob had a "cubby" in the kitchen when he was little, it was the bottom of an old dry sink back in my country days. He used to sit there with his snack and juice.I remember when he realized that he was to tall to sit in there any more. SAD...:( They grow up too fast!

The Daigles said...

Too cute! I'm with you, just move the stuff out of his way so he can play.

Kristin said...

I just love that little boy!!! I can not believe how much is talking. I still love Sissy the most!! Good for you to clean out the unit and let him play...I am sure it was hard for you to let go:)!!!!