12.07.2007

One_shoe_on...

Kyle is growing so fast and I am enjoying him more and more. It was a big adjustment for me to go from Caleb and Andrew to plus one! Nothing held us back. We could come and go without any kinks in our plans. As I mentioned previously, I am apparently very regimented and I haven't handled "adjusting" my ways very well. I am learning, and Kyle makes it easier every single day. I remember going to his wellness check up in September and discussing his language development (or lack of) with his pediatrician. I knew not to be concerned...I went through the same thing with Andrew when he was 2. I didn't panic over his underdeveloped skills, I just wanted to get on the ball to correct the problem. Kyle has 2 brothers and a father who constantly talked for him. I believed he could talk, but was being defiant because we stressed over it so frequently. Dr. Golz advised Early On, which is a wonderful program, and it was the same program Andrew went through for a year from the age of 2 to 3. The doctor gave me a referral but nobody from the program ever called me. As luck would have it, the words slowly but surely began emerging from my little "punk"!!! He is so funny and such a joy. He is constantly making everyone in our house laugh and we are all so blessed to have him in our lives!! All he has to do is smile that big, toothy smile (I don't know WHERE he got those teeth!?!?) and we all bust up! He is getting good at putting words together and his favorite is, while wearing both shoes, to take one off so he can say, "One_shoe_on...one_shoe_off." You really have to hear him! He also loves football (go figure) and his favorite players are Brett Favre, Reggie Bush, and Tony Romo! He loves to say their names. He will constantly yell, "down_set_hut", or, "hut_hut_PASSSSSS!" and then throw the ball away from you and run in the opposite direction! He is a riot! He loves the school bus and loves to talk about the bus, the bus_stop, and his bus_shoes! He even has special shoes just for going to the bus stop!!! How could I ever think he was putting a kink in my lifestyle? Maybe, just maybe I've been putting one in his...!

2 comments:

kgehle said...

I absolutely believe that is why God gives us children, especially us 'regimented' ones. It shows us how to pay attention to all aspects of life and not just go around with our plans and blinders on! I 'go with the flow' much more now than I did pre-kids and I have to say I'm having A LOT more fun! The days when I have my rigid plans in place are the days when my boys have other plans and how can you argue with a 2 year old and a 9 month old??!?

The Luciuk's said...

Ok someone needs to buy you a digital camera for christmas hint hint Keith!!! don't get me wrong I love to hear what's going on but i also like to see it and the way you are doing it with the old camera is way to much work. So tell keith his Canadian friends want to see pictures!!