Christmas is officially upon us and I, again, have no idea how I got here and how I am going to get where I need to be!! There is always this ideal for me...you know, the way the holidays are supposed to go, from getting the perfect Christmas tree (early) and getting the perfect pictures at the same time...decorating the tree and each other...listening to Christmas carols right through Christmas without wanting to pull your hair out...watching every last Christmas movie (and loving them all)...baking dozens of holiday cookies and other goodies...having ALL holiday gifts bought, wrapped with the most festive paper and ribbons, and placed perfectly under the tree...having all decor up the day after Thanksgiving...strolling through the mall just to take in the sights and sounds of the holidays........
Oh, I'm sorry- my mind took a siesta to an apparently simpler time...a time I certainly wasn't around to enjoy!! Of the above, I have managed to make it half way through Elf with my family. I guess I shouldn't feel too bad because the entire crowd dissipated at about the same time. I guess that is my point...where are our heads? We are all so busy with everything else that we don't take time to slow down, especially during the holidays, to enjoy the season and each other, as well as all the other important people and things. It is only the 1st of December, so that is what I will focus on this season...taking the time to enjoy, really enjoy, the people I love the most, as well as all the other people I truly cherish.
2 comments:
Hey, Jodi!
'bout time you updated your blog! :)
I know what you mean.........the fantasy Christmas.....we spend so much time waiting for it to happen and it never does and then Christmas is over and we look back with regret.
Been there, done that!
Now my goals are simple.......if my children know that Jesus is the center of Christmas (we have a birthday party for Jesus during the week before Christmas); if I bake and decorate cookies with them; if we are all together on Christmas morning around the tree and the kids have each picked out something for each other...... Then I will feel like our Christmas was a success. :)
Hi Jodi, I love your blog and all the family pictures. Every year I set myself to make these great Christmas memories and every year I am let down because things always turn out differently. This year I am trying to be more spur of the moment and however things happen well I will just except and enjoy each moment. Happy Holiday's
Post a Comment