3.28.2012

As If You Care...{let's pretend}

Yesterday the Men of Honor met at Mr. Love's house.  We thought it was just a schedule issue.  Turns out
these men were served dinner and were taught proper table etiquette.  Absolutely adorable.  I told Mr. Love at conferences that, "yeah, yeah, Caleb is in your class and yeah, yeah his grades are good but what I really want to talk about is Andrew and how I have a major crush on Men of Honor."  He just laughed.
Speaking of conferences, I also had a quick chance to speak to Andrew's math teacher AKA the mother of his current girlfriend.  She's so sweet.  We got laughing.  It was a riot.  We plan to catch up sometime regarding those two little honeys.  Super cute. {yes, I did more chatting than learning last night}

 Andrew's next thing in MOH is to earn tenants for finishing books on subjects of character, diligence, leadership, etc.  He has to take quizzes on what he has read plus take on other tasks such as forming something such as a food drive for the needy and some other awesome responsibilities.  After that he works on being commissioned, then honored by his peers.  Somewhere in this journey he can become knighted but maybe that isn't quite right. {but I think it is}  After these steps, he...maybe that's where the "knighting" fits in.  Anyway, in order to make it to this last step he needs to memorize The Fellowship of the Unashamed by Dr. Bob Moorehead.  The first time I read it, I was taken aback.  It is powerful stuff.  The last paragraph knocked the wind out of me, quite literally.  I couldn't even catch my breath.  I just cried and cried.  Imagine reading about your child and how, once God is ready for him, He will know right where to look and that your child will be recognizable as a man of honor.  If I cannot find peace in that...I just don't know.  {this online version is worded differently than the one handed out by Mr. Love.  Ours seems longer and the last paragraph is way bigger {not longer with more words but more BANG} than it is here...but you still get the idea.

I am a part of the fellowship of the Unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit

Power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has
been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow
down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense,
and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight
walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions,
mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.


I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or
popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised,
regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by
patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.


My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my
way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted,
or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the
presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the
pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of
mediocrity.


I won't give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I've preached up, prayed
up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I am a
disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until He returns, give until I drop,
preach until all know, and work until He comes.


And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My
colors will be clear for "I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the
power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.." (Romans 1:16)


By Dr. Bob Moorehead

 Sometimes it just is what it is at our house...
 Andrew got in a fight with an exercise ball at church.  I cannot remember whether or not I wrote about it already but without glasses on he thought his scratches were blood {although there was a little blood at first} and he was so concerned with not wiping the blood away because he thought he looked cool like this. {his words}
 We like abundance in our home.  Okay, maybe it's me who likes abundance.  At any rate, I threw all these away when I replaced them with another new one...and I had already thrown a couple away. {I happened to find these a bit later}  I am definitely a fan of Falsies and especially falsies Flared by Maybelline.  It works as well as any department store mascara for a quarter of the price...at least at Target.  I heart Target. ♥
 One thing we don't have in abundance at our house is frozen veggies.  That is the reason we feel  a little territorial about our Meijer frozen green beans.  Originally it was frozen peas for very obvious reasons but they disappeared and not wanting to mix bags up accidentally we have gone to the frozen green beans for all injuries.  And I don't buy any other Meijer frozen green beans...just in case.  Kyle wiped out on the basketball court and needed medical attention.  Quick.  Lucky for us we had the beans.  And a nice comfy couch. {he was so worried someone would see this pic of him in his under drawers so I told him they aren't even noticeable.  Six year olds can be gullible}
 Speaking of six year olds, they get too big too fast.  This bug graduated to a bigger bike last spring or summer and one mention from Caleb that he outgrew his bike {How did I never consider his bike?  He's like seven foot sixteen! ☺} and all of a sudden we took inventory.  Caleb is now on Keith's bike, Andrew was on my old {blue} one and is now on Caleb's old one and Kyle moved up again to Andrew's sweet little neon green rhino.  Before the first ride, however, a few adjustments needed to be made...
 The chain needed to be oiled and the brakes checked.  This is all new...handle brakes vs. pedal brakes...
 And away he went!  Apparently I was the only one concerned with taking the downhill trek with new brakes.  It was a total success.  And we all went for a bike ride {sans K who was doing something somewhere}  Everyone looked so nice on their new rides.  No dorks that day, with knees hitting the handlebars or rising above them.  We then celebrated at Hobos.  Yum.
 What's more random?  That we wear hats after showers before bedtime, that someone would actually purchase this hat or that I care enough to post a picture of it?  It's just kind of how we roll.
 Lastly, this is what Andrew has been doing the last couple family-free Tuesday nights.  While the cat is away the mouse will play.  He stumbled upon a new pastime.  He even mixes it up with old episodes of Friends mixed in for good measure.

No comments: