No specific order. No specific reason. Caleb visited his doc yesterday for a re-check...he is now brace free and able to start shooting a ball. He was so worried that his bone would not heal in time for ball tryouts. It isn't yet, but he's on his way. {curly little locks like his dad when the hair grows out...betcha've never seen it this long before...}
A couple weeks ago our family walked in the Making Strides 5k. Obviously Caleb was exempt from the walk and it was way too cold for him to join us at Heritage Landing and just sit while we walked. He was with us in spirit.IT WAS COLD! But WOW! What a great day. I would do it again and again and again. And I will be. With my family again And mom too. It was a very humbling experience. Breast cancer sucks! There are many great people doing really great things out there, though. I don't feel right doing my very little part but I suppose it's still something.
{too funny...you can tell how windy it was by checking out Ashley's bangs...straight up in the air!}
{my little pouter pants was so sad because his bad mom didn't bring her purse to the walk to pay for face painting...as you can already tell, I came through. Okay, not really, but Auntie did. It helps having your BFFs running face painting show...did you know you can do it on loan that way?!}
Truly inspirational...this lady walked the entire 5k with the support of two Red Cross ladies...a seventy two year old spitfire. You go, girl!!
Have I mentioned lately that repairing our fridge was a distant dream and nothing more? It was leaking oil. Thought we were being conned. Didn't even know there is oil in the works area of a fridge. Sigh. So long front load washer and dryer. Once I can afford you again, I hope you are everything I imagine.
As soon as our repair man left I headed to Lowes. Not too excited to find out that stainless is mostly the option available for immediate purchase. My appliances are all white. Also not excited that the one I think I want was sold the day before {as a floor model} so I had to buy it sight unseen. Lastly, super not excited that my options were incredibly limited because I have a built in area to work with and fridges these days are not the same as fourteen years ago. My new fridge is taller so I had to take a piece of trim off the bottom of my upper cabinet to fit it in and also had to buy filler trim pieces to add to the sides because the darn new ones seem to be narrower. The good news is my new one has more fresh food space than my previous. The bad news is we had to forgo the automatic ice and water dispenser in the door. We've been so spoiled.
Hill Billy style on the front porch...
The new one looks so cute. And little. But tall.
Last weekend, during the walk, Isaac and Kyle decided to get together on Sundays. They were forming a Boys Club. Ash wasn't too happy. The first meeting was at the TenBrinkman's and the kids built a fort. Tons of fun. Andrew was asked to join. The girls were told they could join. This past Sunday was our turn to host. Keith thought it would be great to build the kids a fort shell. {hehe} He asked Kyle to help. They were so cute together.
They were still building at dusk.
And still at dark.
The fort shell is still sitting in the side yard. It wasn't touched Sunday. It may have something to do with me. "Don't let anyone touch that shell until there are walls to sturdy it up. Otherwise those posts will fall down much quicker than they went up.I forgot to mention that I saved ten percent on my fridge. Good thing. I woke up to this a couple of days later...{complimentary ladybug included}
I called a roofer but had to wait for the rain to stop for him to come out. He was out Saturday. Apparently, the original
'Remember my dorky gangsta picture I posted last? Here's living proof it can be worse...{but living proof he may actually come by it naturally...}
The Halloween Variety Show is coming up this weekend. Andrew needed his costume by last Friday so he could participate in filming a clip. Last minute it was cancelled. Of course it didn't cancel before I made the frantic run to GW looking for, what else? A nerdy zombie costume. I bombed in Whitehall but did score this loot...three sports tees and a jacket. It's good to have a GW in my town. We can always use Whitehall tees!
After work, Kyle and I headed to Muskegon to hit the GW not too far from our home. He was a bloody mess. He was over hungry and over tired. He almost fell asleep in the store. I HAD to find a costume for Andrew. He settled on a neck tie instead of a bow tie and I settled on jeans instead of khakis and we were good to go. And then I saw the costume. I joked to Kyle, "Do you want to be a cheerleader for Halloween instead?" He perked right up! In addition to the pieces for Andrew's costume and the new cheerleading uniform, I also picked up this sweet AE hoodie. SCORE!Kyle is over the moon about his new costume. He's debating whether to use last year's wig...
or Andrew's Joker wig for his hair. Either will be fun!
We still need poms and a hair bow. Kyle asked if he can wear eyeshadow and lipstick. And glitter shaped like stars. As you may guess, his dad is less than thrilled. But Kyle is sooo excited! He even wanted to show me his moves...
His proud mama likes that he's checking those wrists...
Stellar execution! WOOT!
Maybe in my next life I will slow down enough to post something meaningful. Til then...




























No comments:
Post a Comment