8.17.2011

It's Called A Sickness...

So what do I do when I'm having a bad day?  Or a sad day?  Or a good day?  Or a fun day?  I buy shoes, of course!  In this case, my kids were getting new shoes.  And technically only Andrew was getting new shoes...but how do you pass up these beauties?
 Or these?
 I've been eyeing nude heels for awhile now because they elongate your legs, don't ya know?  I have this great new dress I've wanted for years from VS and I finally bought it and none of my shoes are "it" and I thought I'd try the nude heel thing.  I just cannot get over not matching my shoes to my outfit.  To me it looks funny to wear a black dress with anything other than black shoes...unless they are red but that's another story!  Anywho, they are to die for.  And I'm taller than Caleb in them...and he's five four and a half! 

And these boots...what reason would I have not to buy them?  They were screaming my name and with Andrew having a bloody nose and all the commotion surrounding needing to get in and out to make it to a doc's appointment...I mean, really?!  What else could I have done but buy them!  They're gonna look so cute with a skirt! ☺

All summer we've been semi-planning out trip to the drive-ins.  Either we haven't had time or there was nothing good playing for the first movie...always the second.  Yesterday was a sacred day.  It was marked on my calendars as a NO SCHEDULE day so we made the most of it.  Kyle had AB spend the night Monday night and the bigs each invited a friend for movies and a sleepover.  I like planning things to do with my boys that they don't do with their dad and Jen and I also like that they do stuff together that we don't do.  It's good for the boys.  It's like with games and toys.  The boys never understood {when they were younger} why I didn't want to have the same stuff at both houses.  To them if they loved said thing, why not have it at both homes?  To me, it's a waste.  One home or two, you don't need to own two of the same things.  Seems rather silly.  Unfortunately, timing was bad and the boys already went to the drive-ins with their aunt from out of town and Caleb already saw the movie we went to see but it's all good.  EB has never been to a drive-in and with some pre-planning and lots of moolah we all had a great night!  {bummed about the darkness of this photo and didn't feel like editing...sorry Andrew and JV}
 Speaking of dark pictures, I bought me a little somethin' else too.  I got myself a little bonus back in April and I've been saving for something really fun.  I so wanted an iPad even though I am not a techie and don't normally like those types of gadgets. There is just something about this device.  We don't have good internet access so I have put the idea to rest for now.  I could have spent the money on something smart but I made a promise last spring to blow it on something fun so...I bought this!

My camera is still fine but the flash doesn't work well anymore and the color isn't all that.  Canon is amazing, in my opinion, and I love the brand.  Others are great, too, but this is my preference.  My new one has live viewing and an HD recorder plus amazing color technology.  It'll be here by Friday.  WOOT!

Awhile back I wrote that I was in the market for a round dining room table to turn into this...
 I super duper need a coffee table {and a...and a...and a...} because my room is so empty feeling and I really want this idea to work out.  Well, in all my blog stalking, I've noticed a ton of people buying awesome furniture on Craigslist.  I finally decided to bite.  Last Friday I found a round oak dining table for thirty dollars.  THIRTY DOLLARS!!  I called on it and even though it was originally listed on July twenty second, it was still available!  And, since the man wanted it gone, i got it for twenty five!  And, he lives in New era!!  And...{okay, I was on a roll}  It's lovely and it totally suits my purpose!
 Once I got it home I came up with other uses for it as well.  Now I want three of them. {not really...but kind of}  Okay so more than anything I want a coffee table.  but here's the problem...
 This gorgeous base needs to be cut down.  How can I do that without a chainsaw? {K's answer to my problem}  It looks like a tree trunk and I cannot imagine safely taking care of this.  I know it can be done because at least one other person has done it but...what do I do?  Don't tell anyone but I'm kind of good at collecting project materials and kind of bad about finishing said projects and I'm also good about moving on and starting new projects...{notice my post title} Sooo, keeping that diddy in the back of my mind, I've come up with an alternate use for my table.
 I have the window seat and I have the chair {or two...they came with my table} and now I also have the table.  I could sooo do this!  Whatcha think?  Anyone calling themselves Flea Market Trixie has a special place in my heart.

I also picked up another patio table and chairs from the momstead. {my momma's house} Now to paint.

 And when I pulled back into my drive from my shopping excursion, I noticed one of these leaning up against my garage...
Pair it with the one I bought myself and I have two new folding picnic tables.  My seester and BIL bought one for us as an early Christmas gift.  Hugs and kisses go out to them!  We heart it for sure. ♥
{totally not sure why after two attempts to load this pic the correct way it still showed up sideways...it is saved in my pictures the right way...but you get the idea}

No comments: