5.06.2011

Happy...

This morning we had a hard time getting ready for school because it's red, white and blue day.  Everything we own is red and black.  Nothing patriotic.  I was so happy to find the perfect attire...blue jeans and a red and white #1 fan of MOM tee!  Today is the Mother's day Tea in Kyle's class.  It doesn't hurt that he's sucking up today.  I love it. ♥

After he had his hair done, he asked for cologne.  He used one of his brothers' Hollister spray.  I told him he smelled good.  He replied, "Yeah, because it's Mother's Day."  Aww.  Then I asked him if the cologne was for me...or his girlfriend.

Kyle: Fow you.  Anyway, we bwoke up.  But I have a new giwlfwend...Bwyce Stevens.
Me:  why did you break up?
Kyle: She didn't talk to me.
Me: Does Bryce know she's your girlfriend?
Kyle: Yeah, she's nice to me.

{Great...now he's a creeper.  Isn't that how it starts?  Some unknowing girl is nice to a boy and then BAM!  they are in a "relationship"}

Kyle: {in a totally changed, deeper voice} Actually, I had two giwlfwends at the same time!
Me: hmm...quite the ladies man.
Kyle: {shrugs shoulders and gives the face like, "what can I say?"}

Kyle's mom party was cute.  The kids were singing and partying it up.  Cute kids.  What a difference another half year makes.  At Christmastime, most didn't participate fully in singing and motions.  Today they were on it.


 Wouldn't ya know it?  I walked in the classroom to find Kyle standing smack dab in between his two flames...the former is on his right and the current is on his left.  Yeah, buddy!


Boy am I behind.  I'll make this short and sweet.  Last Saturday was Kyle's first t-ball game ever.  He was hoping his game wouldn't be rained out.  It wasn't.


Andrew played really well against kids from Shores.  I think he has finally found his athletic niche.  He's always totally stoked for every practice and every match.  I've been told he's doing extremely well by a couple of the coaches and one of their wives.  Proud. ♥  He is totally diggin' his new youth group and yet he passed up leaving practice early to go on a trip with the youth group.  he totally wanted to stay for practice.  Makes me happy to see him so happy.


It cracks me up to see Andrew with balls in his shorts.{crickets...}  Yes, I said it.  Seriously though, he looks so funny with his tennis balls in his front pockets!



 Saturday Caleb's team played a double header.  With all the rain, he's lucky he's had any games at all.  The team won both games.  They are smokin'!!  I'm so happy Caleb listened to all of us tell him this was going to be a big-deal year learning wise and that he wouldn't regret playing for the middle school team.  The seventh graders have had fair play time and have done really well, although they were warned they may hardly ever play.  I'm happy.

I think it's so funny that Caleb closes his eyes when he bats. I imagine it's hard to hit the ball that way.


See what I mean?  Silly kid.


The end of my crazy week{s} is near and I couldn't be more thrilled.  The walk-a-thon is tomorrow and I'm sneaking away long enough to catch most of Kyle's game.  I'll be missing the others but I'll make up for it.  Promise.  Then we're off to GR for food, fun and festivities with good friends.  Kenny Chesney.  WOOT!  I'm not really a country fan, but I do make exceptions sometimes. ☺ Sunday is my favorite day of the year.  I think that has changed over the years.  Actually, I know it has.  But I love this day and cherish it always.  Cannot wait to spend the day with my babies, my mom{s} and my family.♥

No comments: