1.17.2011

Kid Stuff...

I'm starting to feel better.  Getting some energy back.  The multis are finally doing their job.  Now I just need to catch up on the last three week's worth of stuff and I'll be good to go.  Wish me luck.

Saturday's drive to Remus wasn't bad, considering all the snow we got the night before.  Mr. Hyatt told me it was a straight shot on M20 but that it gets hilly and curvy after the first half.  I had no idea we'd turn in so many directions to head east!

Only 16 kids showed up for the Spelling Bee.  Quite a few schools were associated with the bee so it was odd that so few kids showed.  Two of our own weren't there.  I figured it's because it's one thing to participate locally, just because, but it's totally another thing to travel with so many different family schedules on the weekend.  Andrew did what he set out to accomplish originally when he made it to regionals and earned a gift card.  Well, then he wanted to win it all.  Unfortunately that did not happen.  There was a practice round so I cannot remember if he went out in the second or third round.  As soon as he said, "t...y" my heart sank.  The word was AMPUTEE.  I watched him walk back to his chair, sit down, slide his chair back and then make that face.  It's the one where if you didn't know better, you'd think he was kind of smiling.  His nose was crinkled up and his teeth were showing.  I knew he was holding back the tears.  I wanted to run over to him but obviously I could not.  After the event, we chatted a bit.  He said he felt so dumb.  Then he started to tense up.  I just grabbed him and held him.  He's certainly no dummy.  I came up with something to say, knowing I wasn't going to be able to take away what he referred to as his embarrassment.  Poor honey.  I wished he was coming home with me that day so we could just cuddle all afternoon.

                          {I forgot my camera in the backseat of the truck so this is what I got...☺}
{and a little added bonus...geesh, it must be really awful to travel in the winter...for both the buggy passengers and the guy broken down on the ramp!}

Since that wasn't the case, I headed to my scrapbook haven to finish up what was left of the all day event.  I organized most of the 473 pictures I just received in the mail, started a few pages, ate dinner, won a prize, played with my prize and went home.  I missed Andrew's soccer game {which his team won, 9-2 I think} but I had these plans for months so...and Keith said that Andrew played well.  He missed a couple goals but hustled.  Way to make a bad day better.

Today is the beginning of playoffs.  Whitehall plays Hart, at home, at four.  Hoping for a win.  Then the team will advance to the semis Wednesday at Montague against maybe Shelby?  The last game was a nail biter.  That's the one that went into double OT!  Super Excited!!

Yesterday was a full day but I'll get there next time.  And I may just start finishing up projects I only blog about...and the proof will be in the pics!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Congratulations Andrew on your Spelling Bee participation! You are a great representative for Whitehall Schools!!! Way to go :).

So glad you're feeling better - it's about time!!!!!!