1.12.2011

Blahhhh...

I have been having a hard time keeping up.  It's not even a blog situation.  Since we got back from Illinois, I have been under the weather and just cannot seem to shake this illness.  Laundry was caught up Christmas Eve.  Leaving the day after Christmas has totally hindered my keep-up ability.  I'm grasping at straws.  I've had well-meaning intentions of getting so much done, but the reality is that I come home from work and lie down on the couch.  I fall asleep sometimes by eight.  Usually nine at the latest.  I've been taking my vitamins.  Yesterday I took Kyle to school, headed back home and slept until ten.  Really?  I have to shake this.  Soon.  Life hasn't seemed to stand still for me.  I'm way behind.

I bought a sink and faucet for my bathroom.  It wasn't a walk in the park.  The standard sinks were all to big for the area I have available on the buffet.  I had three options.  Buy stock.  Special order.  Buy a vessel style.  I didn't think the bowl would be appropriate for the style of the furniture.  I didn't have time to special order.  My FIL was coming over to install it and my in-laws are leaving for Arizona for three months.  I bought a sink that suited the piece and my taste the best.  It was a close fit.  By close I mean sneezing would have caused major wreckage.  I panicked the night before my FIL came over.  Changed my mind about all of it.  I did a good job of measuring but never considered measuring underneath the top.  Big mistake.  The structure was going to be compromised and I couldn't handle it.  My FIL decided to check it out anyway and came over the next day.  He measured and measured and measured.  Then he laughed.  "You wanna try it?"  And away we went.  Decided to cut into the support.  No turning back.
 NOT bad.  Not bad at all.
 Not bad at all. The next step of fun was cutting holes into both the back and the bottom. The plumbing ran up through the floor and of course we weren't centering the furniture where the old cabinet set.  Silly Bill wondered why his measurement was so high on the back to cut into...I pointed out he measured from the back's bottom edge instead of from the bottom of the legs!  Crisis averted!

 Cutting the back holes proved to be not quite the end plan.  There wasn't enough clearance to put the furniture over the plumbing and still get the water turn-offs in without running into the shelves.  Solution?  Cut the shelves out. {no pic}  I didn't need them anyway.  My nifty FIL did some fancy footwork to the drawer fronts so we can just screw them on as dummies and they'll still come off if a plumbing problem arises.
Hook up plumbing, purchase new hardware and screw on door fronts.  We're just sooo close!

Saturday gramma called to see if the boys wanted to go sledding.  I had to say no because Andrew was playing soccer.  Andrew wanted to go so bad that he planned to just snowboard down our measly hill later.  Later turned out to be dusk and not much fun so I promised the boys we would take them sledding after church Sunday.  Haaa...

Kyle started limping Saturday afternoon, blaming it on a fall from the monkey bars, swearing he needed both crutches and leg surgery.  By early, early morning he was unable to move his leg at all and could not put any sort of pressure on it at all.  I believed it to be a growing pain at first.  Kyle asked me to bend his leg for him so he could get comfy in bed.  He kept asking me to rub it.  At first he said it was his whole leg. {we've done this before} Then he said it was from his knee to his toes.  When asked to try to rotate his ankle, he complained of pain in his upper thigh.  He couldn't get up to shower so I said if you can't shower for church you cannot go sledding.  Now I expected the typical spasm which is Kyle but when I heard, "I know." I knew something was wrong.  Keith took Kyle to the ER while we went to church.  The doc ordered x-rays and blood work.  I hadn't heard from Keith so the bigs and I headed to the snow hill and I texted him. {this is all you get}
 So far all tests looked normal.  Keith was still convinced Kyle had meningitis.  He's a freak like that.  The doc believed a virus had settled into Kyle's hip socket. {I skipped a ton I guess. Try to follow along.}  Basically he was released with instructions to give Motrin and see our pediatrician.  Kyle was sick prior to this but I wasn't buyin' the virus thing because Kyle has complained before of hip pain.  We always chalked it up to a growing pain then, too, but now I wanted more answers.  I didn't believe a virus kept creeping into the synovium around his hip.  No school for a couple days.  The kid couldn't move.

Monday morning I awoke to what sounded like Kyle running through the house.  Of course I yelled for him.  I guess he wasn't really running, but he was able to move more.  I took him in that afternoon {busy people on a Monday I guess} and chatted with our doc.  The gist is this...I questioned the returning pain and the virus scenario.  Doc said there's two types of this type of inflammation.  Toxic, or reactive, Synovitis and Traumatic Synovitis.  As soon as he said the second option, I knew where he was going and I totally agreed.  In case you didn't already know, Kyle is a mad man.  A beast.  Friday in gym class, he kept sliding on his knees on the hard floor.  For fun.  That night he played basketball fast and furious with Caleb.  Saturday as well.  Oh, and the monkey bar incident?  It must've happened last fall, but whatever.  Because He plays sooo hard, it's the consensus that Kyle caused his own trauma to his hip socket.  And most likely has done it before, just not to this extent.  He was able to go back to school with strict instructions...Lead a boring life this week.  No running, jumping, sports, sledding...no being Kyle.  His words when I told him to listen to the doc..."whaaaaat?  Anyone at the game last night may question his ability to listen to authority. He'll be fine but he needs to heel.  And take it easy somewhat after this week.  Yeah, right.☺

Caleb's playing his last regular season game today against Oakridge.  After a win in double OT last week and a huge win Monday, I believe they have what it takes to pull off another W.  They played Oakridge before and lost but from what I hear they should have won.  The team has come so far and has a great chance of winning today.  Cannot wait.

Andrew's regional Spelling Bee is Saturday in Remus.  I've had prepaid plans for months so I may be skipping his soccer game {if he gets back in time} for ME time.  Of course we have to make it back from Remus first.

Hoping to get out of this rut.  And soon.  I don't do sick very well.  Or anything else for that matter.  I did try to get in to see my doc yesterday.  There was one open appointment...at the time I was supposed to pick up Andrew from school.  I was offered an appointment today.  When I said I have to work the kind nurse replied, "well I tried, didn't I?"  I responded with, "Yes.  And I hope I don't have pneumonia after all..."  The jury is still  out on that.

No comments: