12.23.2010

December 22nd...

Busy day.  Work was steady but the running was crazy.  Caleb had ball from 2-4 so I ran home during lunch to pick him up.  Brought him back to work for 15 minutes, then dropped him off at school.  After work, I had to pick up Kyle at daycare, Caleb at a friend's house, {thanks, Kris} and the TenBrinkmans at their daycare.  I also planned to stop to get supplies to fix what I had ruined the night before but forgot until I was definitely out of the way of the stores.  Bummer.  I took a deep breath and decided my stuff could wait one more day.  For my sanity it had to.

After making dinner I figured I'd frost the cookies for the boys to make timing a little easier for them to decorate.  Yeah, so...
Who decorates Christmas cookies with chocolate frosting?  Idiot!  I remember the evening clearly.  I spent an entire afternoon shopping with the two K's {girlfriends, not my boys} and needed to stop real quick at Walmart on my way home.  I didn't grab a cart or a basket, found entirely too much crap to carry in my hands, quickly grabbed frosting and headed to a loooong self serve line where my hands both cramped up and I actually had to put stuff on the ground so I didn't drop everything!  I stopped there for the aerosol frosting because Meijer doesn't carry it.  I never thought to read the label.  Eww.  In the end, the kids were thrilled with the choice and added sprinkles on top!

Even Keith was excited about the chocolate .  Strange.  What was more strange is what he almost put on top of the frosting.  One of these things is not like the other...I caught myself yelling, "No!  Not that!"
Family game night.  Caleb wanted to, fittingly, play Family Game Night on PS2.  I have never played a video game. {except for Atari}  The only times I have ever had the controllers in my hand were to move them for cleaning purposes.  Never played before.  We played Yahtzee-my FAVE-but it was slow moving at first.  I want to have the dice in my hand and roll them in the cup and shake 'em out and onto the floor!  I am not cut out for video games.  Andrew wanted to watch The Middle so we moved to the living room and played real live Yahtzee.  SCORE!  And when I say SCORE, I really mean it!  I won the first game {with Keith as my silent partner} and WON the second, too, with a score of 494! But I'm not bragging. ☺

Family game night ended right after that.  Sore losers?  Hungry losers?  Tired losers?  All of the above?  Who knows.  It was definitely fun while it lasted.

I'll be up all night long tonight since I put some stuff off until the last possible minute like I always do.  If you're up, call...we'll chat.  But not for too long.  I still have my ghetto wall phone and cannot move around the house.

One more day until Christmas Eve...

No comments: