5.26.2010

May Day...May Day...

It's almost the end of May and I am drowning.  Please help me!!!
I promised a post about camp, Madonna, sports, thumbsucking, shopping and the bathroom.  Ta-da...there you go!  {kidding}

It seems like now that I am on here, all of that is old news and I've got a million other things to write about.  Okay, let's see.  Andrew went to Camp Miniwanca with 3 fifth grade classes at the end of April. {yeah, end of April}  I chaperoned Caleb's trip last year and was lucky enough to go again this year.  We had beautiful weather and lots  of fun.  I must admit I was distracted for most of the trip.  A special friend had a horrible tragedy happen to her family and I was preoccupied with it all.




The 2nd annual birthdya bash was also in April.  It was a little later than planned, but scheduling conflicts kept it from happening.  This year we voted on best costume...for Madonna of course!  My friend Kirsten won.  She was the "prettiest" Madonna.  We did the whole bring-a-$20-gift-to-exchange thing and I wound up with a gorgeous necklace and earrings set from Posh, compliments of Molly.  {thank you}  I really need to come up with a little something to change it up a bit.  Maybe I'll take out my island/snack bar by next year's shindig and mix it up tons.  Who knows?

















Sports.  I wonder what that was about?  Probably just an update in the sports world.  As of today, baseball is in full swing.  It's pretty time consuming but I have found that I really enjoy it.  I've dreaded the thought of it for so long {thoughts of t-ball} that I never really gave it a chance.  A Blast!!!  I also enjoy seeing my friends twice a week guaranteed.  The big downfall is playing against friends.  It's tough for Caleb, who is a wear-emotions-on-the-sleeve kind of guy.  I love that about him, but he is his worst critic.  {yes, keith, I've heard those words a time or two from you about both him and myself...but I didn't steal your words...we agree on this}  Caleb also had his first AYBT tournament this past weekend.  I was totally busy Saturday with two other soccer games and a birthday party so Keith drove to Holland for the last game and I stayed home.  Except I wasn't home.  Just one of those things.  Kyle, Caleb and I headed that way Sunday morning.  I told Caleb I must love him tons since it was already in the 70s and I was heading to an indoor, all day tournament in a van with NO air instead of heading to the pool. ♥ 

I missed Andrew's first tournament game.  I was told he was a running machine.  Two more tournaments before the finals.  I'll be missing one again tomorrow.  Campground calls.  Seriously, we had this planned before I ever knew about a game.  No goal yet, but it ain't over til it's over.  He's having a blast and that's all that matters.


Kyle plays one more game next weekend.  He's such a great player.  He wants to play t-ball next year.  I think it's because of Caleb.  Except, I really don't know.  He goes back and forth between the boys with his hero worshipping.  Just the other day, he was quoted as saying, "He {Andrew} wins the trophy for the best man in the world."  Caleb acted bummed and asked what the reason was and Kyle replied, "He lets me be in his videos.  And I like his cleats.  'Nuff said.  Truthfully, I think Kyle will be bored with t-ball.  He has no idea how slooooooooow it is and how much down time he''ll have.


Real quick.  I did an awful thing recently.  At my wit's end, I offered a bribe to my youngest son.  I asked him what it would take for him to stop sucking his thumb.  Two words.  Cell Phone.  Um, okay, No.  Nice try, 4 year old.  Instead, he settled on a DS.  One hundred thirty dollars.  Right.  In the end, I offered cash to Caleb to sell his to Kyle.  What a deal.  I purchased a new skin for the contraption and we were good as gold.  He had 17 days to give up his habit.  As in he had to be thumbsucking free for 17 days.  Gramma Stratton camw home from Arizona and we were counting down the days until Kyle could spend the night.  He had to go until the day before in order to get the DS.  He did sooo good.  Until the DS.

The bathroom saga will have to wait.  It certainly isn't going to finish itself any time soon.

Hung with the girls the other night...into the morning. {to the tune of getting home at 3:30 am!}  Wouldn't trade my sleep-deprived Sunday for anything.  Love them dearly.


No comments: