I ran out the door yesterday without being fully dressed in order to get the TenBrinkmans to school on time. I knew I was going to have to tape my pants but had given all my duct tape to Andrew for his Snowfest sled. Thank goodness for retired dads. In case you cannot quite tell, I did the taping on the underside so, NO, I didn't wear my pants like this all day. Now to get them hemmed. Oh, and in my defense, I bought these in the same inseam I buy all my jeans so no need to try them on. I think someone made a boo-boo because I already wear heels and the hem touches the ground in my other jeans. These drag with a 4" heel. And I was not about to wear peep toes in the snow. net yet anyway. But hey...cute shoes, huh? Shi purchase. {kind of from Keith}
Cheer ended last Friday. I was so excited to start fresh Monday, being that I am freed up in the evenings and that Monday was the 1st of the month. Ha. Kyle came down with the flu. I became semi-paralyzed. Horrible neck injury. Okay, maybe injury is a harsh word. However, it's a much better excuse than old age. Finally feeling good today {Friday} and maybe that's because I'm healing or maybe it's because I took Vicodin to finally sleep. Either one. And Monday's comin' again.
Last weekend Sammi had her End Of Chemo party. It was lots of fun. I haven't heard how much money was raised yet. The family has been through a lot in the past week. I love that it's all going to charity. What a great soul to have come up with doing a charity event for Helen DeVos Children's Hospital after all she has been through. Typical Sammi. Love it.
Kyle had a rockin' good time cuttin' a rug. Crazy kid.
Kyle's class had a tea party last week. He was so excited to drink tea out of an actual tea cup and eat chocolate chip mini muffins. He was not excited, however, to wear a church shirt. Poor kid was robbed, though, because he wasn't a fan of the tea and I made berry muffins instead. Tough break.
'Been working on a few projects. I save pics in a folder in my documents and as I was transferring more pics this morning I realized I have a bunch of unfinished projects already in the works. Better get on 'em. I painted my purple dining room sable brown. I mean Keith painted my purple dining room sable brown. I liked the purple and the cool curtains but the rug I snatched from my mom was an even bigger fave so I needed to make a few changes. We did all of the big stuff in a weekend but I had an issue with the new curtains and just resolved that matter and I also had an issue with the clock and I'm still working on that one so I have no "after" pics yet. Soon. A much better match for the rug. Love.
I love spray paint. No kidding, huh? Well, I've now fallen in love with ORB. Oil Rubbed Bronze. What a yummy spray paint. It's a touchy paint, though. I've been searching around looking for something needing a new look. I love black. Black furniture, black shelving, black frames, black hardware. Yum. The great thing about ORB is that at first glance it looks black, but much softer. And it isn't black. I've got a super crush on it. I painted a plate rack and these two items most recently...
Eh...not good pics. I really like terra cotta but I've got a small vision of a bigger vision for my kitchen and the color does not fit in. As for the registers, I totally stole this idea. Registers are so generic. I wanted mine to be a little more custom. A little more me. To be fair, I painted the register in the laundry room just in case I didn't like the outcome. I like it, but it's still staying in the laundry room for now. The original idea was lifted from someone with gorgeous wood floors and the color looked much nicer against them. I didn't take that into consideration when I decided to do this. New tile?? Perhaps. But Keith stresses only 1 major project per year!! This is the year of the hallway bathroom. And it'll certainly be a project. I was so eager to put this vent cover in the new bath until I realized there are no vents in there. {sad face}
Speaking of bathroom renos....I keep checking my savings account balance online cuz Larry said my return would be deposited today. And it hasn't been yet. The return means I can swing a hammer into a wall or two. I am looking forward to that in a big way. We are totally gutting our bathroom. New tub, sink and toilet. New drywall, flooring, paint, shower curtain, lights and accessories. Never been afraid of a redo before. Never been at a loss for choosing a paint color. I've had two brand new homes before and knew what I wanted each time. No idea this time. Must be that age thing again. Super nervous. Super excited. And I still can't wait to swing a hammer into the drywall.







No comments:
Post a Comment