2.01.2010



                                            
Ahh.  The play is done.  It was an amazing experience for Andrew.  We ran around like crazy yesterday getting autographs from cast memebers prior to the cast party.  They all signed his Oz tee. Andrew was in heaven.  He had a horrible time last night, though.  He kept crying about the whole thing being over.  He wasn't crying like a baby.  He was just really, really overwhelmed by his emotions.  He even told me he hated school and that he wished he could just keep acting in the play.  Obviously a very emotional time for him.  He normally really enjoys school.  I've never heard him talk like that before. Caleb got out of bed last night to ask me if he could sleep someplace else because Andrew was sobbing.  What a sweetie. {Andrew}  His heart was definitely into the play and is definitely into acting.

We got home from the party around 7:30.  Showers and lounging were in order.  We watched the grammys for a bit.  We aquired a new phrase at our house, originally pertaining to Pink, that we will be able to use again and again...Talentedly Awesome!  I think we all feel that way about her in our household. ;)  Some of that award stuff makes me crazy so I no longer watch it.  Like, for instance, Taylor Swift.  I am not a fan.  I really don't see how she can win so many awards over so many people  who are waaaay out of her league.  Her stuff all sounds the same.  I get the wins during teen choice and all that, but please...and to pair her with Stevie Nicks?  I thought she {TS} sounded flat at times and sharp at other times.  Ew.  And to think that Stevie had to sing about high school...she has always been too cool for that.  I'm just sayin'...

My girls have 3 home games this week.  We haven't had a gym to use since we got the dance together and now the only gym time will be game time.  I gave up my gym spot on Wednesday for guys basketball night...hopefully it doesn't end up biting me in the butt.  There's something wrong with the counts in this dance.  I cannot quite put my finger on it.  It started out okay but now it isn't.  How does that happen?  The girls finish a beat or two before the song's final note.  Very frustrating!!!!  Eh.  Wish me luck. {and the girls too}

Caleb has started lifting weights with other junior high boys twice a week.  It's a lot of fundamental stuff.  I think this is great.  Once a week it happens to happen an hour before basketball practice.  Hopefully he can fine tune because I'd hate to see him give it up.

Kyle started going to preschool 4 days a week last week.  I think I really like it.  He now has homework every night, which is fun.  I really like taking a step back every now and then and slowing down long enough to be the mom of a preschooler.  K and I get so caught up in life and the bigs that we kind of forget sometimes that we have a 4 year old.  We are all so used to Kyle keeping up with his brothers and their friends that we have to make a real attempt to keep him grounded.  He has learned so much hanging with the older kids, but he has so much to learn about being his own age.  Now the question of what to do about next year...

Hey, speaking of K, I CANNOT BELIEVE I never mentioned this...Keith was offered a job assisting the Whitehall varsity football team!  WOOT!!  I wasn't sure it would ever happen but he is leaving Catholic Central's jv team.  I am sooo happy for him.  I am sooo happy for our family.  I am sooo happy for the future of Whitehall's football program.  He is so good with kids and even though he is tough, he is always the players' biggest cheerleader!!  I LOVE IT!!   I am so proud of him for making such an impression on not only Dan Holden, but on the many people who have given their personal input to aid the situation.  Thank you to all of you. :)  Now to talk K into retiring his green and gold in favor of red and black!!  {could I be any more sick of red and black right now?? 3 games this week= lots of it.}

In closing...{Andrew and Alyssa with the main characters}


{Andrew with 3 of my girls}
{and 3 more of my girls}

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

WooHooo!!! Way to go Keith! Very exciting for the Viking guys!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.