After posting my new header, I tried and tried again to make my Christmas card idea work. I literally used a work day to figure it out, went home and tried some more. I totally gave up and told Keith and Kristin both that I was done trying and no cards were going out this year. I did change my tune a bit by deciding to send out New Year cards instead. Keith thought I should send out a memo so people wouldn't be offended. I like to think people will be so excited to see a card come after the holiday is over. Surprise!!
Last Saturday was our traditional cookie-baking, Christmas-movie-watching, playing-all-day-together and driving-around-to-see-all-the-lights day. Super duper funday! Keith went to town to do basketball sign ups while we started the movies. I think we had three on before we needed a break. I baked brownies, made fudge and mixed dough all the while. We had a great day that day so we headed outside for snowman building and sledding. {not photo shopped...don't care...too lazy} Frosty Fu Manchu...





One of these things is not like the other...{as in Keith is only standing in One of these pictures!}






Keith has never roller bladed or snowboarded. He fell off the treadmill for goodness sake and broke a bone. Okay, okay...it was NOT a treadmill accident. It was a police bicycle accident. Either way...haha...Keith mentioned last night that he thought he hurt his neck snowboarding. {not haha for that reason} I wondered if he tried again and then I realized he was talking about last weekend! Old man! Don't buy the Polar Express in 3D. We already owned the movie but I thought 3D would be awesome. We didn't last much more than 5 minutes before we took the disc out and played the regular version. Too many heads and too much squinting. I'm just saying..
Sunday the boys went to my mom's for gingerbread making. They all had fun and I received fun prizes in return.




My mom couldn't find Andrew's school pic from this year so she used an old one. I am switching this one out for the current one. Perfect additions to the boys' tree...all of the ornaments they've ever made for me. Yum.
I sent out Andrew's letter to Santa yesterday morning. He had a mini fit about having to write the letter on behalf of all the boys. He preferred to write his own. I told him his writing is so creative and fun to read and that Santa would probably be thankful for his consolidation process, considering Santa gets millions of letters every year. It's good for the forest. He listed a bunch of Christmas wishes for himself, including an i-Coaster, Wizards of Waverly Place for DS, Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakquel CD, etc. Yes, he did! He also listed Caleb's wants. You know, the typical tween list of a computer and wireless Internet, a phone, Xbox 360, an electric scooter, and Lions and Eagles jerseys...etc. Andrew also listed Kyle's wishes for Christmas...cars and trucks, a yo-you and a real Rudolph with a red nose. Hmm...Glad he didn't ask us for that. Kindly, Andrew also added that, "As a bonus, my mom wants a stocking." What a sweet gesture. Last year, I was forgotten. Everyone else, Keith included, had a stocking full of goodies to go through on Christmas morning. My stocking laid there, flat on the floor. With nothing inside. I must have been a horrible mom last year. Or something.
Ahhh...pitter patter...I received an early Christmas present Wednesday evening. My fabulous FIL made me a built-in for my mudroom for coat, bag and accessory storage. I have 4 baskets for the top shelves and need 2 more larger ones for the lower shelves. I also need to pick out coat hooks. ♥

It is currently sitting in the middle of my kitchen, waiting to be painted. I was so set on a glossy black so it was easier to clean. My mom said to use exterior paint in an eggshell finish so it looked more furniture-y. Now I'm second guessing my color choice. Black is the go-to color for my furniture but what about a color? Hmm. It'll maybe take me until March to figure it out. Maybe it's because my mom and Kristin are both contemplating new color and I wanna too!! Anywho...isn't this piece a doozy?? Much love.
**Note to my children...smaller coats will be hanging on the old coat rack in the kitchen currently located by the phone. Larger or heavier coats are hanging on the coat rack next to the front door. Hats, scarves and mittens are separated into each of your baskets, currently residing on the ledge of the bay window. Keith, your leather coat is where you keep hanging it...over my clothes on the chair in our bedroom. ;)
1 comment:
This is EXACTLY what we are planning to order for Pottery Barn for about 1 MILLION dollars!!!!!! Is there ANY WAY your FAB. FIL would be willing to share his plans via e-mail to Corey and I??? We would be FOREVER GRATEFUL!!!
BEAUTIFUL JODI!!!!
Post a Comment