"Can I go see the gym and wook at the fiewd? I don't wemembew what it wooks wike."
I had to stop at the high school this morning to drop off rosters and such for cheerleading. Kyle came in with me. He thinks every sport is played on a field. In his defense, all sports he come in contact with are. All except basketball.
"Yuck. Bwood. Gwoss."
As we were walking to the doors of the school, he saw something red on the cement. I told him I was sure it wasn't blood.
"Oh, den it's a chiwi."
I didn't really think it was chili and told him so.
"I said chiiiii-wiiii. Wif wet on it."
Aha. A cherry. Yes, maybe it's a cherry. A wet cherry? The verdict is still out.
I cannot believe I forgot to mention that Kyle and I had a date night a couple of weeks ago. The city had a homicide and Kyle and I had no plans after the soccer game. I told him if he was suuuuper good in my 2 stores, I would take him to the play area in the mall. We were both so hungry and I wanted to sit down someplace, but he wouldn't have it. "Great." I knew I was in for a ride. It's totally my fault because I knew better. Kyle started out a little questionable, but he wasn't bad. He helped me pick out which clothes to buy in the fitting room. He said, "That looks so nice, mom." Sold. He was so good, in fact, that I was able to stop at 5...count 'em 5!!! stores before making it to the play area. Dude. We didn't stay long. Kyle had to pee which prompted his hunger so we sat for pizza. Afterward, he, yes he, wanted to check out Dick's "fo somefing cooo fo me." What a sweetie. After leaving Dick's {and we only left because he wanted to go to Target} we stopped at the Children's Place to pick out a coat and snow pants and Younkers for 2 cute hats for me. "Which one do you like best, Kyle?" "Bof." Good enough.
Target proved to be beautiful. Kyle was getting tired so he lounged in the back of the cart {with his nasty dirty feet up in the air} while I spent almost all of my 300.00 worth of gift cards. We ran into Greg and Melissa Beda. They were out for date night too. It was nice to mosey around the entire store without a schedule. The only hurdle I had was keeping Kyle's feet under wraps. Earlier in the day, we played in a bounce house outside. Kyle proceeded to play without his shoes on, in the grass and dirt, all afternoon. His stinky little socks were gross, and he kept insisting on resting them on the top edge of the cart while he lounged, but they weren't as bad as his bare little feet. I can already see his toenails being like Keith's, {and he blames his on reconditioned cleats} and they weren't going to see the light of day!! of course, the more I struggled to keep the socks on and the feet nicely hidden in the cart, the more Kyle pushed to have his feet seen. I chose my battle. I let him think he won by putting those grubby little things in the air, but I instead chose to pull the cart from the back so I could block them from being exposed. Everyone was happy.
Ah, a nice little Kyle post. Here's to be being thankful for what you've got. Cheers. And Happy Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment