4.22.2009

Yowza...

Monday morning, as I was getting ready for work, Keith came into the bathroom to take his eyes out, {as he puts it} turned away from me and , as he started pulling down his underwear, {yes, eyebrows are raised} asked me, "Do you see a cut...where my underwear are ripped?" I didn't take a picture of them, but I've included a picture of his police pants. His ripped police pants. his ripped from the crotch to his calf police pants. Yowza! He was scaling a fence and, well...both pair of pants ended up in the trash. I asked him when in the night it happened. He told me it was his third call of the night. Luckily, he had an extra pair at work because I thought he had to wear them all night this way...

Another new thing going on at home {besides bike riding} is this whole Kyle-sleeping-in-his-own-bed-at-a-respectable-bedtime thing. Yowza. Okay, terrible mom moment # 769...Kyle moved effortlessly from crib to bed way back when and stayed put until he realized he could actually get out of bed on his own. I loved it when he called my name every morning to pick him up off his bed. Anyway, he used to get out of bed all the time and we had to shut his door and he would fall asleep directly behind it. Nice rug burns on the face from sliding him on the carpet with the door every night. Once he could reach the door knob, well it was about the exact same time Keith went back to the road. September '07. That would be the time Kyle started sleeping with mama bear. He hasn't looked back since. Now what's the bigger problem? Kyle became my indefinite bed partner? {who can blame him? I've fallen asleep on his bed by some miracle and it's tough. How can he resist my yummy 400 count sheets, ample pillows and down comforters?} Or is it that he napped every day at daycare {or would fall asleep on the way home from total exhaustion} and stayed up until I went to bed at 11pm? {even though I didn't want to} Or could it be that he still has pee issues when he is sleeping? {heavy sleeper-more my big problem than his, I guess}
Terrible mom moment # 813...I decided to buy a tv that ONLY gets used at bedtime. I decided that was a bad thing to do with the first one but by number 3...ah. We've been struggling but we're getting there. I think the sleep happens at about 10 or after, but we're getting there. Kyle has even woken up every night to yell my name and tell me he wants me and I make him get up to pee and all is well and he falls back asleep within minutes. Ahhh, life. Tami made the deal with him that he can stay up while the others nap if he goes to bed good for me at night. So far...okay. Even in his sleep, he seems pretty p'ed off to be in his own bed. Keith's new schedule will prove to be hard on all of us for a bit. I worked with Kyle while Keith was on but he had two nights off and all went to heck. In the end it will all work out. Actually it'll be nice for K to be home every night. Consistency. life is good.

In other fascinating news, Andrew picked up his new glasses last night. He was stuck on blue and I didn't have the heart to tell him no. I tried talking him out of the color but when he told me he'd even pick the Barbie ones as long as the name on them was a sticker only, I knew I needed to choose my battle. The glasses are pretty sweet. Blue and green. I think they are too big now that I see a pic, but oh well, I guess...

check these out...super duper cool...
One final piece of something...Caleb's class goes to {overnight} camp tomorrow morning and I get to go too! Yippee that the rain has stopped because I don't do rain camping! I am so excited to go. I haven't packed for either of us yet {go figure} but I get to look forward to spending the day with another fun mom and Caleb's really fun teacher! Double yippee!
****it dawned on me the other morning that either in one of my posts or in a comment to another blogger, I used the word WHOA but typed it as WOAH! Yowza! Why on earth I remembered that, I don't know!!! I am not a total idiot. Just a semi.

4 comments:

JT said...

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?!?!

That's funny, Patrick says the same thing, "...take my eyes out".

Three in one night?! We were talking to Keith about his job on the way back from CB and he was saying that it's not all that "exciting" (meaning bad people) anymore- not like it used to be a few years ago... so much for that!

Have tons of fun at camp! : )

jennie said...

Well, I cant see any of the pics on this post, maybe my computer...

But I have to say that we got Summer a "bedtime TV" when she was kicked out of our bed at about 3yrs old and it worked great. I swore by it and didnt care when other moms gave me the "look" when I told them. I was like,"hey at least I get 7 UNINTERRUPTED hours of sleep each night. Whats weird is that we decided no more TV in the rooms once Grady came along. Honestly cannot remember why(maybe finding foreign objects in the VCR??) But the tiny feet that have been nailing me in the back at night are making me rethink that decision...

Oh yeah, and Jason's come home with split pants too. Only his got hooked on some rack or something. Not a lot of fences to scale in his line of work;)

Christine said...

You know what Jodi- you got to do what you got to do! Don't let anyone else judge you otherwise!! You are a great mom and really -is it going to cause any problems down the road- NO! We had to resort to the TV at night because of the child in bed situation and it hasn't hurt them at all. Everyone gets the sleep that they need and everyone's happy!! P.S. I really like Andrew's glasses- do you really think they are too big?

Shelly said...

I think the TV idea is a good one, I've used it with my kids. I hope you had fun on the camping trip, John did not so much enjoy it, in fact he said you could not pay him to do it again, I think he was hoping to spend some quality time with Ty and he was hardly ever with him. Tyler on the other hand had a blast, despite the weather!