Yes. I remember the day like it was yesterday. Or maybe even this morning. The memory is still that vivid. You know how, after delivery, you say you'll never do it again and people tell you it is because the pain is so new and once it passes you kind of forget? I am no fool. That horrible memory has never left my brain. I knew, after Andrew, that I was done. Wow. He was my first, and only, naturally delivered baby. Yikes. {Yes, I know that I have a 3rd child...but when keith and I talked about another baby, I already knew of Hackley's rule to have a C-section with a prior} It was the absolute worst pain I ever felt in my WHOLE. ENTIRE. LIFE. The pain started late in the evening on the 14th while I was home with Caleb. Pat was still at work and Kristin, who was my go to girl at the time, was out with a friend with her phone turned off. {sorry to throw you under the bus like that Kristin...kind of just returning the favor. :)} I had to call Pat home. I just cried and cried in the shower. I had back labor. Horrible, horrible back labor. Back labor that lasted the entire duration of labor.
Andrew William Tallquist, I love your little self.
Today, at noon, my baby will officially be 10. Time sure does kick you in the butt when you aren't looking. Andrew chose to bring suckers to school to share with his classmates and his teachers because another classmate is having a birthday today as well and she is bringing cupcakes. Tonight, after work, we are going bowling with my family and then heading back home for cake, ice cream and presents. We will celebrate again in two weeks with the Strattons at Boyne. Fun times ahead. Don't feel bad for children of blended families...at least not my children. They have twice as much love poured on them by having two sets of parents plus imagine the love extended from 4 sets of grandparents!! Yowza! Add in extra aunts, uncles and cousins and you can all feel the warm fuzzies.Andrew William Tallquist, I love your little self.
I love you Andrew. Happy Birthday, baby doll!!


7 comments:
God Bless The C-SECTION!!!!!
Happy birthday to your sweet boy.
Your boys alway make me wish that it was OK to arrange marriages.
How on EARTH do him and Abbi look soooooooooo much alike?!?! Throws me for a loop because he is SO you! 'Makes me wonder- where did Abrielle really come from... Dr. Young- hmmm? : )
Happy birthday Andrew! They sure are spoiled aren't they? Not just materially either, they are loved my so many!
Happy 10th Birthday my handsome nephew!!! You are your mother is SO MANY WAYS!!!! As far as the phone thing goes, I was there in the end...by 10 pm to be exact and then took your son to a BAR and let him dance on the tables if I remember correctly:)!
Oh yeah, I forgot, after seeing you post delivery and ALL the blood I swore I was NEVER going to have a baby...who knew we both were wrong:)!
He is so stinkin' cute.
It's absolutely amazing how much Andrew still looks the same from his baby picture! What a doll!
Happy Birthday Andrew!! They are growing up!!
Post a Comment