Wednesday night I picked up the boys from my mom's house. She started apologizing to me for not being able to help Andrew out. She just didn't have enough time. ?? I asked Andrew about it and got even less of a response. He was watching cartoons. That explains it. Come to find out, Andrew's class is studying Native Americans in Social Studies and Andrew needed an Indian costume for Friday morning. For the mom handling the costume, that translates to Thursday night...24 hours. We were on our way to church that night and I had a game Thursday night.
I stopped at my mom's again after church to pick up my groceries. She made a trip to Goodwill to see what she could find and she found a poncho that would certainly work better than the brown paper bag I would be forced to use. Andrew was so excited that he didn't take the poncho off until bedtime. He even wore it after his shower.
Thursday Kristin picked up a thing of black yarn for me. Thursday night I sat down with the yarn, black ribbon and ribbon adhesive. I needed some kind of form for the yarn to attach to in order for the wig to stay on Andrew's head.
Once finished, {a tedious task indeed} I needed a head to use to braid the wig. I first tried Kyle's...
He thought it was cool for, like, 2 .7 seconds. I think it was really heavy. Doesn't he look like the dead girl from the well who came out of the TV in the movie The Ring?
I found a playground ball downstairs and stuck it in a bowl. I braided and re-braided. Here was the final project...
School was cancelled Friday morning because of a power issue. Luckily, I was able to use Andrew's head to re-braid the wig. The ball was much bigger than his head. Again, I had to braid and re-braid. Isn't he a much cuter version?I had already given the wig a hair cut, but after all my messing with it, it needed another one. I'm not sure how one side ended up longer than the other when the middle is adhered to ribbon. I asked Andrew if he wanted a single braid. He said two braids looked more Indian-y. I agreed. I'm not real sure about the glasses though. Indians must have really good eyes. Won't he be the cutest Pontiac you've ever seen?





4 comments:
Thats pretty amazing.
And just think of all the use you'll get out of that poncho!!
LOL!
Oh, I love it!!! Too bad there was no school, hopefully the presentation is rescheduled. And what a perfect poncho, great find Evva!
WOW you did an amazing job! I would have been freaking out over the last minute thing I have a very hard time with that!
Good job Jodi- beats the brown bad idea!! You are so crafty!!! He looks great!
Post a Comment