
It has been years since I have felt so giddy and excited, yet nervous about a rival game. Today changes that. Whitehall plays Montague tonight at home and I am beside myself with anxiety. I want my girls to shine. I want them to beam with spirit and cheer from their toes and hit every motion and nail every jump. Okay, so it is a lot to wish for, but a girl can dream.
We are in a rough spot with timing. I haven't had a full squad in weeks. Tonight I am missing a base/back spot and it shows. A lot of the stunts we've worked on cannot happen tonight. We are using most of the same bases with different flyers meaning not a lot of duplicate stunting in a single timeout. Darn. We've got signs and more signs and poms and more poms. We haven't used either since the season started. Bombarded.
Hehe. I looked down and it made me laugh. I am so Whitehall coordinated today...I bought a new red top with tiny white polka dots {which is funny because I NEVER wear anything new...it always looks better in my closet} and I am wearing it, plus black pants, black boots, a red scarf, a black coat, {it is cold in here} and even red and black undergarments. ;) Goodness me! Put a bow in my pony and call me a cheerleader. {or Joni Will} That girl had spirit!
I am a bit high on life. Part of it is certainly the anticipation of the game tonight. Part of it is the diet Mt. Dew I am chugging down {go fountain!} and part of it is definitely because of the lack of sleep I've had. I will hit a big, fat wall right before the pep assembly this afternoon. Yeah, we had practice this morning at 7am. I walked in 10 minutes late and thought that was good since I left the house at the time I am normally getting out of the shower. The assembly {my first} is at 2pm and, funny enough, I am nervous about that too. Who cares about me? I guess you can take the girl out of cheerleading but...
I am also excited for my birthday lunch today! Girlfriends are meeting me for lunch at Lipka's. That always promises to be a good time.
I am also hosting a sleepover for the boys. Well, I should say Keith is because after the game my girls are having another sleepover so that is where I will be for a few hours.
Can anyone say "cheeeeeese" for me? I ask because these poor boys will already be getting home late tonight and they will pretty much have to get right to bed because both Andrew and Casey have pictures before their 9am games...8 and 8:15. Yikes. I think there is definitely something wrong with moms having to get up at weekday time on the weekends. Unless you are into that. Whatever.
Have a super fabulous weekend, everyone. Don't forget to root for your hometown basketball teams tonight. {whomever they may be}
GO VIKES!

We are in a rough spot with timing. I haven't had a full squad in weeks. Tonight I am missing a base/back spot and it shows. A lot of the stunts we've worked on cannot happen tonight. We are using most of the same bases with different flyers meaning not a lot of duplicate stunting in a single timeout. Darn. We've got signs and more signs and poms and more poms. We haven't used either since the season started. Bombarded.
Hehe. I looked down and it made me laugh. I am so Whitehall coordinated today...I bought a new red top with tiny white polka dots {which is funny because I NEVER wear anything new...it always looks better in my closet} and I am wearing it, plus black pants, black boots, a red scarf, a black coat, {it is cold in here} and even red and black undergarments. ;) Goodness me! Put a bow in my pony and call me a cheerleader. {or Joni Will} That girl had spirit!
I am a bit high on life. Part of it is certainly the anticipation of the game tonight. Part of it is the diet Mt. Dew I am chugging down {go fountain!} and part of it is definitely because of the lack of sleep I've had. I will hit a big, fat wall right before the pep assembly this afternoon. Yeah, we had practice this morning at 7am. I walked in 10 minutes late and thought that was good since I left the house at the time I am normally getting out of the shower. The assembly {my first} is at 2pm and, funny enough, I am nervous about that too. Who cares about me? I guess you can take the girl out of cheerleading but...
I am also excited for my birthday lunch today! Girlfriends are meeting me for lunch at Lipka's. That always promises to be a good time.
I am also hosting a sleepover for the boys. Well, I should say Keith is because after the game my girls are having another sleepover so that is where I will be for a few hours.
Can anyone say "cheeeeeese" for me? I ask because these poor boys will already be getting home late tonight and they will pretty much have to get right to bed because both Andrew and Casey have pictures before their 9am games...8 and 8:15. Yikes. I think there is definitely something wrong with moms having to get up at weekday time on the weekends. Unless you are into that. Whatever.
Have a super fabulous weekend, everyone. Don't forget to root for your hometown basketball teams tonight. {whomever they may be}
GO VIKES!

4 comments:
I get your excitement. But you totally have an awesome day ahead of you, ENJOY!!!!
And you sound super-cute today too:)
And while I HAVE to root for the Vikes(its in my DNA) I'll also be quitely cheering for my cousin Cody on the "other team" ;]
Jennie (and everyone else reading this!)...she does look super cute today and she is "over flowing" with SPIRIT!!! I mean that in a nice way, not in a Joni Will in your face-GO VIKINGS!-kind of way!!!
Hope your day goes GREAT!!!
Have fun!! Maybe I'll even bring Anna down there to see...Kelsee has a dance :)
Jodi- Your girls looked great! It was so fun watching you in your element! You make such a great cheerleading coach! Good job! Especially dealing with the drama of adolescent girls- you are awesome!!!
Post a Comment