12.10.2008

Christmas Has Officially Arrived {along with my package}...

I cannot believe that I haven't posted a single entry about my December Daily journal. Day three, I think, Jen emailed me to see if I was still on it. I never caught on as to why she may have asked. Maybe it is because Jennie posts something every day. Hmm. I am still hanging in there and getting something done daily. {technically it isn't daily because I ran out of ink and then ran out of another color of ink} I have to, however, share this tidbit from my journal...

Maybe at first glance you noticed the "thing" in the tree. Maybe you didn't. I didn't. Keith noticed it and wondered, as were driving up the driveway, what it was. Note that at the time of this actual event, the driveway was not plowed. Once he pointed it out, I knew exactly what it was. He got out of the van and attempted to unhook it from the branch. I told him to leave it because I could read through the bag and I wanted a picture for my journal...
A present from the UPS man. The UPS man doesn't bother with my driveway in the winter. More times than not, it isn't plowed for him. {he comes before Keith gets up in the afternoon} Last year was freaky because he left Victoria's Secret packages at Kristin's for me along with a note to Kris to pass it on to me. I think he even referred to me as her sister. I don't know any UPS men anymore. Anyway, if packages weren't left with her, they were just taken back, and on more than one occasion, the packages were shipped back to where they came from. As soon as I told Keith what the box was, he even commented that we must have a new driver this season. I like that he left it but am still a bit concerned because this pic was taken later in the evening and I corrected the color a bit for your viewing pleasure. However, it just really kind of blended in the actual afternoon light. I may not have noticed it for days. You may agree once you see what happened next...
Yea-ahh! This happened as soon as we got closer to the house. Well, actually it happened after Keith tried to get us up the hill. Once that didn't work, he tried to turn me around so I was facing out so I could get out for practice.

I cancelled practice last night. The good news is, after Keith snow-blowed the driveway {like for maybe an hour or an hour and a half??} it only took him 5 minutes to get me out, back up the hill and into the nice, safe, warm garage.

This definitely goes in the book because what would Christmas be like for the Strattons without being stuck in the driveway at least once and finding a UPS package {from Amazon.com} somewhere other than our front porch??

Ahh...Christmas has officially arrived. :)

Oh, and if you want inspiration for your own December Daily journal, check this out...http://flickr.com/groups/decemberdaily2008/ Enjoy!

No comments: