9.29.2008

Two For Two...

Great minds...

This is the post title I came up with to tell about Caleb's hunt last night. I got on Jen's blog and she has the same title. My phone was left in my camera bag in Keith's truck from the game on Saturday, so I missed the call from him last night telling me he got his second deer last night.

I was driving out to Pat and Jen's to pick up Andrew yesterday and stopped to talk to Caleb before he went into the woods. He was geeked, but not overly so. I think he was focusing on what was about to come. Pat was helping Caleb finish getting dressed and it was such a sweet moment, I wish I had my camera to capture the moment BUT, it was with the phone in the truck. Oh well.

I was a sad mom last night when I got home and found out I missed out. I called Caleb back. He was Mr. Popular, talking on another line at the same time. He shot a doe and he said he tracked it for 200-300 yards, quite awhile. I asked him to ask Jen to forward me a picture so I can post it here. She has dial-up (God bless her)so she is going to put it on a cd instead. I wanted to wait until I had the photo to put this here, but what do you do? I wanted to share the deer fever love!!

Congrats, my love!! Two for two!!

3 comments:

jennie said...

Wow! Thats a lot of tracking! Good Job Caleb!

Christine said...

How awesome!! Tell Caleb congratulations!! He'll have to tell the boys all about it Saturday!

Kristin said...

Two for two, love the odds!!! Great job Caleb!!!