9.29.2008

Bring On The Rain...

It is raining right now. If not for that, it would be a lovely fall day. Football is going well. Our Peewee team is struggling with their losses. Keith said last Saturday's game was our best yet. He apparently knows more than I do. The boys are both having a ton of fun. Andrew wants more play time, as in more toy time. We only have 3 weeks left. Indoor soccer starts the Monday after our last football games, but there are no practices involved so the boys each have a game each week. No big deal. Compared to football anyway.

My squad performed their pom pom routine at Saturday's game. I was scared to death. I told the girls not to be scared because I was enough for all of them. I had the cold sores to prove it. The girls were supposed to be at the field 45 minutes prior to the game. Many showed up within 15 minutes of the game. The practice was shakey, at best. Well, let me tell you, I was a proud mama hen after their performance. The routine was still a little shakey, but the girls soldiered on and did a great job. It was our last home game so we had a deadline to make. We will keep working on it and hopefully we will be able to do it as a sideline dance at the next games. The routine was set to the song "Start The Party." You may here it here. It is on my playlist. Great job, girls!

We will be practicing in the classroom tonight because of the rain. Thank goodness Lori is a teacher. That's all I've got to say!!

Friday is Whitehall's Homecoming. Keith has the weekend off and we will all be going to the parade and then the game. Go Vikings!

Saturday we have two games in Fremont and then we are stopping at Jacob's game in Holton on the way back. We have plans with the Buchbergers that evening so why not make a whole day out of it. They are wonderful, fabulous friends. Keith said, not too long ago, that if anything ever happens to him, he would want Kevin to help influence Kyle's upbringing. They've both done an amazing job with their own children and Keith truly admires Kevin. That is how much we treasure those folks. Love you guys.

Anyway, the boys are spending the night at the Buchberger's Saturday night because Jacob is having a get-together on Sunday. It is pretty much an all afternoon affair, but once that is over, we will be heading out to a secret location to take pictures. I have been searching for particular articles of clothing for the boys. I have found them for the big ones, but I haven't been that fortunate with Kyle. I ended up buying him a third or fourth choice. I hope it all works out. The big "secret" is simply because I haven't actually checked it out yet and I may change my mind before Sunday.

On top of those events, Keith is in the beginning stages of building his pole barn. He waited and waited to see if he got his vacation time and it was denied because the city PD is so short handed right now. He is such a superhero. He has to be because he only has 1 hour and 15 minutes extra in his day right now between work and coaching two football teams (except for his days off) and, literally, he uses that time every day to get out of bed, eat lunch, brush his teeth, drive to one practice, get home from the second, eat dinner, shower, get dressed and leave for work. No human being would still be able to pull off digging holes for the poles. His dad is the driving force behind the whole thing. The poor guy is driving back and forth a couple of times a week to give Keith a (HUGE) hand. It'll be a slow process, but he hopes to have it up, shingled and sided before the snow falls. I'd like concrete, too, but we'll have to see. This picture doesn't show it, but all the poles are set.


On top of all that, we still have to make our traditional trip to the Pumpkin Patch. The only thing that has changed since 1996 is the location. We started out at Ramey's and obviously made the switch to Lewis' a few years ago. I won't have the boys again until two weeks before Halloween, which also puts pressure on me to figure out the costume situation. Andrew wants to be Anakin Skywalker and Caleb wants to be...A Ketchup Bottle. No foolin'. At least he is original. I love that. I will most likely make that costume and parts of Andrew's. Kyle wants to be something with a cape. The inexpensive costumes scream CHEAP so I just don't know about him yet. I think he'd be happy as a football superhero. Honestly. We'll figure it out. It'll just be tricky because our weekdays are consumed with practices and church. Shhh...don't tell anyone. We may have to skip out of something to get this all done. Two weeks before Halloween isn't near enough time!

2 comments:

Christine said...

You guys are so sweet! We love you guys too! We can't wait to hang out with you on Saturday! Tell Keith if he needs help with the pole barn call Kevin. He is superman!!

Shelly said...

The girls dance routine was awesome. I have gotten the chance to see it transform first hand. They could have never pulled it off without you Jodi, you are very talented. I have no idea how you keep your patience with all of them girls that age, Mackenzie just loves you!!! Thanks for all your hard work and valuable time!!!