6.27.2008

PT Days 2 and 3...

Don't worry, I will not do a day by day play by play of our adventures in potty training. I just typed and typed yesterday and never got past the first day.

I sent Kyle to daycare in underwear all excited and a bit nervous because, like I mentioned before, Tami's only plan was to test the waters. I came into her house and was all bubbly and bobbin' my head and I was like, "Kyle's in underwear. I decided to start training yesterday." She looked at me like I was a freak.

I picked Kyle up at the end of the day and asked how he had done. Tami just looked at me...she said he peed twice in his underwear, and did the deed another time...in his underwear.. She said he was currently in a diaper. I hoped and prayed he had run out of all his clean underwear. He didn't. Consistency, people. We had a long talk on the way home about peeing in the toilet or trying it outside. Like in the grass. Or on a tree. He was excited to pee in the grass so we were going back and forth when Andrew, so matter of fact yet in an annoyed tone, said, "Like a dog." I don't know why, but it made me laugh so hard.

Later that night, I made a trip to Walgreens for pull-ups and M-n-Ms. Did I mention that Tami puts pull-ups over underwear to protect her house? It really is a good idea for her. I'm cheap, so I don't want to waste them at home. Yes, I will pay for that in other ways. Over. And. Over.

Kyle really likes the M-n-Ms trick, er...treat. He sat on the potty and peed a tiny stream (yippee!) and I gave him an M-n-M. He said, "I get wots MMs be does I peed wots." Nice try, buddy.

Yesterday he did a bit better. He isn't getting that he needs to tell us BEFORE he pees, but he is getting that he needs to tell us. Apparently the first day at Tami's he liked sitting in wet pants. Go figure. Maybe it is getting a bit better. He still peed twice and pooped once yesterday at daycare, but at the baseball game last night, he told Keith he had to pee on two different occasions and they rushed to the woods to pee. Go Kyle.

I was running around last night and Kyle asked me where I was going. I told him I had to go potty. He said to me, "You haffa pee on potty if you wanna MM." There is hope.

Someone is apparently getting accustomed to hangin' on the potty...


This is dead sexy, wouldn't you agree? I like the look of the tee tucked into the undies. More people should try it. He's definitely my risk taker. :)


3 comments:

jennie said...

Oh I am lovin'this. Thank you for being so real. Potty training is one of the hardest things I've ever done, Teagen is still not 100% And I still have Grady to go. I hate these people I keep encountering in my life that tell me their 1 year old is potty trained(just because the kid has peed in a potty once doesnt mean they are trained!)Keep us posted on what is working.I need the boy advice. I'll have to start with Grady before the only thing he can wear are Depends.

Shelly said...

love the pics and he seems like he is getting the hang of it. Just think once he is finally trained how great you both will feel.

Anonymous said...

LOL - I so feel for you and I am SOOOO glad that I am past that! Keep up the good work and the consistancy. You will BOTH do great!