5.29.2008

Working Hard...

In April, Caleb was assigned a school project to complete by May19th. He had to walk around his yard, find 8 animals, trees or other living organisms, and create a nature guide. He got a little help from his mom. He attempted to take pictures of the material he was collecting for his project and when I was viewing them, I asked him why he took 2 pictures of trees. His response was a little agitated. He told me the first one was of a tree and the second one was of a bird. There was no bird. I looked again. He looked and said, "See, right there" as he pointed to...the tree. I zoomed way in and alas I found the bird. From then on out, I took the pictures! Caleb had a bit of a rough start since everything was happening with Abbi at the same time. I assured him he had plenty of time. The week before it was due, he buckled down and started putting all of his info together. He wanted to turn it in by Thursday so he would get extra credit. He worked on typing at school but then ran out of class time so he finished his typing at my mom's. I dropped him off Wednesday and figured he'd be done in a half hour or so. I called about 3 hours later to find out he was almost done. Apparently, every time he attempted to save his work to print it out, all info would disappear. Poor guy. Needless to say, it was a late night for the Stratton household. Andrew kept whining that he needed to go to bed but couldn't with the light on. Kyle kept taking the paper, adhesive, colored pencils and trimmer we were using and using them for himself. Caleb really worked hard...see??



I love it! This is Caleb when he's really concentrating. I saw the same look on his face last night at the 4th grade Michigan program. :) He (almost) finished his project that night, and I helped him put it all together Thursday morning. The guide consisted of 8 items with 2 visuals each, 5 or more facts about each, a map of where the items were found, (kind of like an episode of Dora or Diego!) along with a key and a drawing of the cardinal directions. The project also needed a cover page and a table of contents, as well as a binder to put it all in. It looked great. Caleb turned it in and got an A!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

And exactly how much was done by the "controlling" mom with issues:)??? I am sure it was beautiful...I know my sister!!!