4.09.2008

Shoes, Balls and Blisters...

Sunday we went bowling for Ashley's birthday. I was so excited to take Kyle since he has never bowled before. He anticipated the event all day. At first, all was well. He liked his shoes and he liked picking out his green ball with Uncle Jimmy.

Kyle couldn't wait to roll his ball, and although he wanted to do it "all by myself", he let me help him the first time.



After that first 1/2 of the first frame, he used a lift to roll the ball down. That was a much better idea.


By the time frame two came and went, we were on the same downhill spiral that Kyle's ball was on leaving the ramp. I was ready to go home at that point. Okay, I kind of like to bowl. I also kind of get a little competitive. On a side note, ask Keith sometime about losing a bet with me and what he had to do...hilarious! Anywho, I was sooo flustered chasing Kyle around the bowling alley and figuring out where he ran off to (a few times) that I couldn't concentrate on my game...you know, the one I was bowling for the fun of it for my niece's birthday! Kyle got so mad because he wanted to use the blue ball, but the blue ball weighed twice as much as the green ball weighed. I told him it was Uncle Jimmy's blue ball and even though there was more to that sentence, Uncle Jimmy stopped me to point out what I had just said...oops! In the end, or so I thought, I put my sandals on and packed us up, only to find the game wasn't even done yet. I let the TenBrinkman children (as I like to affectionately refer to them as) bowl for me...yes, you heard me right...BOWL FOR ME!!!! I know you are feeling for me right now. I mean, how could I possibly let another bowler, let alone two children, take over for me unless the consequence of me bowling would be more detrimental?!? God help me! In case you are all wondering, and I am sure you are, I bowled a 67!! yeah, as in 6-7!! All 5 TenBrinkmans beat me, as well as Kyle...go figure! I can confidently say I've NEVER bowled a 67 in my entire life!! Now my chances of bowling on Sowa's team next year are null and void...GREAT! We got home just short of 2 hours after our start time (yes, 1 game) and I told Keith I was NEVER taking Kyle bowling EVER again...not even when he is 16! I don't know where that came from. i was just sooo mad. That, and I had a blister from my sandals! Now that can really ruin a girl's day!


Can you tell we're havin' fun??


2 comments:

Kristin said...

I am sorry that you had a bad time. In Alli's defense, she did roll you a strike...she has been practicing on wii!
I promise to never make you go bowling again. It is my fault. We should have cross bowled on two lanes. We were ALL feeling the length of time it took to bowl. WAY TO LONG!!!! Ashley does thank you for going!!!
You just have to not care...it works way better that way:)! Silly mom, you care too much what your son is doing. How dare you?:)

On a side note, you are one of the best bowlers I know and I will NEVER take a bet with you! I know you will win and the "losing bet" will be bad...I feel for you Keith!!!

Christine said...

That's hilarious! I know how you feel. I remember Eli at that age and we went bowling. All he wanted to do was run down the lanes and knock the pins down himself -no ball!!! Maybe we should all go sometime- I think that would be fun!! I am not good so I'm pretty sure you would win!!